PDA

View Full Version : Pick-up lines

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 05:33 PM
Anyone have any pick-up lines that you consider successful? After watching an episode of Hogan Knows Best I thought I'd try the polar bear pick-up line. Sure enough, I went 2 for 2 with it last night. In case anyone doesn't know the line it goes as such (I'll use my name as the example person as I actually used the line last night).

Ryan: Excuse me, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?

Girl: Uhhh no? (They generally seem confused where you are going with this)

Ryan: Enough to break the ice... Hi, my name is Ryan.

The girl at this point laughs and you're in.

NYYFAN
03-11-07, 05:39 PM
For some reason I don't think Ryan is getting any...:lol:

Archer1979
03-11-07, 05:42 PM
Hi. I'm Archer.

gdn
03-11-07, 05:43 PM
Was it more of a "Uhh..heh...heh...ummm" laugh?

YankeePride1967
03-11-07, 05:44 PM
Hey Babe. If you play your cards right, you could have a piece of this ;)

Yankeeah
03-11-07, 05:47 PM
Freshman year (3 years ago) we always used that line, not to get a girl (we all had girlfriends) but just to see what they would do. They usually laughed, mostly at us.

Sam18
03-11-07, 05:48 PM
"Hi bet you $50 bucks you can't beat me at tongue wrestling"

or

"Heeeey little girl you wanna smell my handkerchief?"

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 05:48 PM
For some reason I don't think Ryan is getting any...:lol:

Oh but you are wrong my friend. I do pretty well for myself but am anti-commitment. I rather keep my options open until the right one comes along. Once I find a woman who cooks, cleans, and does a few other things pretty well then I'll start talking about commitment and ditch the polar bear pick-up line.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-11-07, 05:50 PM
Rhodey: Excuse me miss, but was your father a meat burglar????
Chick: Uhh, what do you mean?
Rhodey: It looks like someone stole two fine hams and shoved em down the back o' your pants

Sam18
03-11-07, 05:51 PM
Rhodey: It looks like someone stole two fine hams and shoved em down the back o' your pants

I know what your other line is. And I've seen you use it.

TheManKnownAsMecca
Was it more of a "Uhh..heh...heh...ummm" laugh?

Nope. The first girl told me I was brave to approach her and then asked for my number and I got hers. She texted me today but I'm going to reply later. Make her wait a bit.

The second one and I chatted afterwards for about 30 minutes until closing time and we exchanged numbers.

I think a lot of you are here are a little too old for this thread so you may think pick-up lines or somewhat clever ways of talking to a girl aren't necessary, and that is fine.

keg411
Lines only work if the girl thinks the guy is attractive. Then they can pretty much say anything and it doesn't matter. Otherwise, we'll laugh and back away slowly (or, depending on the creepy-ness factor, run away fast).

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 05:52 PM

or

LOL to the second one.

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 05:53 PM
Lines only work if the girl thinks the guy is attractive. Then they can pretty much say anything and it doesn't matter. Otherwise, we'll laugh and back away slowly (or, depending on the creepy-ness factor, run away fast).

Well as my avatar shows, I'm rather handsome and polka dots look good on me. I'm just a common man and the son of a plumber.

4bronxbombers
03-11-07, 05:53 PM
"You smell nice" always worked for me when I was on the prowl. :P

RhodeyYankee2638
03-11-07, 05:54 PM

silly girl

we say pick up lines to distract you while we slip you ruffies

keg411
03-11-07, 05:54 PM
Well as my avatar shows, I'm rather handsome and polka dots look good on me. I'm just a common man and the son of a plumber.

Hot.

:lol:

Tal Hawkins
03-11-07, 05:56 PM
Rhodey: It looks like someone stole two fine hams and shoved em down the back o' your pantsWinner. I'm using this the next time I hit 6th St...for some reason I have a feeling this might be a good intro.

gdn
03-11-07, 05:57 PM
"You smell nice" always worked for me when I was on the prowl. :PI'm sure it was more than that ;)

4bronxbombers
03-11-07, 05:57 PM
I'm sure it was more than that ;)

Sam18
03-11-07, 06:00 PM
silly girl

we say pick up lines to distract you while we slip you ruffies

Dude..shhhh.

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 06:51 PM
:-werd-:

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 07:04 PM
Try this one:

(With hands on shoulders) Oh, those are shoulder blades, I thought they were angel's wings.

Someone tried this wack ass line on me once...

Hey Baby I know you're probably looking for mr.right. Well I'm not him, but I'll f*ck you til he gets here. :doh:

:o

Silly boys...

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 07:07 PM
Your daddy must have been a baker, because you've got a nice set of buns.

Was your father a thief? 'Cause someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.

Baby, if you were words on a page, you'd be what they call FINE PRINT! ..:lol:

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 07:07 PM
I have had a really bad day and it always makes me feel better to see a pretty girl smile. So, would you smile for me?

^ That one might get me to talk to you for a minute...depending on who it is...:lol:

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 07:18 PM

or

Don't you mean..

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Archer1979
03-11-07, 07:27 PM
Hi. I own real estate.

Sam18
03-11-07, 07:30 PM
Don't you mean..

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Uhh and have them run away? I think not.

Sam18
03-11-07, 07:32 PM
Hi. I own real estate.

Has that ever not worked?

yankeebot
03-11-07, 07:33 PM
Bond. James Bond.

Archer1979
03-11-07, 07:35 PM
Has that ever not worked?

Only when they own more.

Archer1979
03-11-07, 07:36 PM
That's a lovely dress. Is that chiffon? That is just to DIE for. Those are this year's Prada's, no? Oh MY GOD.

yankeebot
03-11-07, 07:40 PM
My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

26 and counting
03-11-07, 07:48 PM
My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

My favorite pick-up line in the history of Seinfeld. Classic.:)

Yankeeah
03-11-07, 07:53 PM
Who wants to sex Mutombo???

Archer1979
03-11-07, 07:57 PM
Excuse me. Would you like to go to the pants party?

dabomb2045
03-11-07, 08:01 PM
Anyone have any pick-up lines that you consider successful? After watching an episode of Hogan Knows Best I thought I'd try the polar bear pick-up line. Sure enough, I went 2 for 2 with it last night. In case anyone doesn't know the line it goes as such (I'll use my name as the example person as I actually used the line last night).

Ryan: Excuse me, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?

Girl: Uhhh no? (They generally seem confused where you are going with this)

Ryan: Enough to break the ice... Hi, my name is Ryan.

The girl at this point laughs and you're in.

:roflmao: :roflmao: You actually used this?? And you were serious?? Oh man. There were a few nights in college when I'd be out with friends and we were drunk....and we decided to take turns going up to random girls and using these cheesy pick-up lines....not thinking they would work at all, we just did it for entertainment value...to see what kind of reactions we would get.

I got slapped in the face on more then one occassion :lol: Good times. I would never use one of these stupid lines if I was actually trying to chase a girl. I think most girls have no respect for guys who resort to that kind of stuff (unless they are drunk and just wanna get some...in that case it doesnt matter what you say) Just being myself has worked fine for me over the years. :D

yankeeschic12324
03-11-07, 08:03 PM
....Just being myself has worked fine for me over the years. :D

:-werd-:

gdn
03-11-07, 08:10 PM
My favorite was:

"What can brown do for you?" ;)

Archer1979
03-11-07, 08:15 PM
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 08:41 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: You actually used this?? And you were serious?? Oh man. There were a few nights in college when I'd be out with friends and we were drunk....and we decided to take turns going up to random girls and using these cheesy pick-up lines....not thinking they would work at all, we just did it for entertainment value...to see what kind of reactions we would get.

I got slapped in the face on more then one occassion :lol: Good times. I would never use one of these stupid lines if I was actually trying to chase a girl. I think most girls have no respect for guys who resort to that kind of stuff (unless they are drunk and just wanna get some...in that case it doesnt matter what you say) Just being myself has worked fine for me over the years. :D

I was most definitely drunk but I thought I'd go for it as I doubted I'd see the girl ever again if she thought it was lame. But it worked and I just texted girl 1 back. The polar bear line is most certainly lame but perhaps it doesn't fit the context of "pick-up line." It's more of a way of saying hello and seeing if the girl has a good sense of humor.

Archer1979
03-11-07, 09:50 PM
Hi amica mia.

dabomb2045
03-11-07, 10:00 PM
Excuse me. Would you like to go to the pants party?

Brick, are you trying to say that there is a party in your pants....and that I'm invited?

Archer1979
03-11-07, 10:10 PM
It's called Sex Panther.

Sam18
03-11-07, 10:19 PM
It's called Sex Panther.

How effective is it?

IntangiblesRule
03-11-07, 10:21 PM
Ok, you can stand next to me, as long as you don't talk about it.

IntangiblesRule
03-11-07, 10:22 PM
Excuse me, miss? Hi, I'm doing a scavenger hunt for my fraternity rush, and one of the things on my list is a umm....weird chick.

IntangiblesRule
03-11-07, 10:23 PM
Hi, I make more money than you can spend.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-11-07, 10:27 PM
My doctor says I passed my AIDS test, got 2 A's and a B

IntangiblesRule
03-11-07, 10:32 PM
Be unique and different, say yes.

IntangiblesRule
03-11-07, 10:49 PM
Okay, so I came over here to ask you to dance, but I'm kind of concerned. I mean, we could hit it off really well, end up having a few drinks, next thing you know you're giving me your number because I'm too shy to ask for it, I finally get up the nerve to call and we take in a movie, have some dinner, I relax, you relax, we go out a few more times, get to know each other's friends, spend a lot of time together, then finally have get past this sexual tension and really develop this intense sex life that is truly incredible, decide our relationship is solid and stable, so we move in together for a while, then a few months later get married, I get a promotion, you get a promotion, we buy a bigger house. You really want kids, but I really want freedom, but we have a kid anyway, only to find that I am resentful, the sparks start to fade and to rekindle them we have two more lovely kids, but now I work too much to keep up with the bills, have no time for you, you're stressed and stop taking really good care of yourself, so to get past our slow sex life and my declining self-confidence I turn to an outside affair for sexual gratification. You find out because I'm careless and a lousy liar, you throw me out (justifiably so) and we have to explain to the kids why mommy and daddy are splitting up. That's just too sad. Think about the children. For God's sake, if you dance with me and we hit it off, let's just keep it sexual, because we both know where it's going.

Archer1979
03-11-07, 10:58 PM
How effective is it?

50% of the time, it works every time.

TheManKnownAsMecca
03-11-07, 11:15 PM
50% of the time, it works every time.

I believe you meant 60% of the time, it works every time. And to that I say "That doesn't make any sense."

IronCaballo4
03-11-07, 11:29 PM
Terrorists must love you....cuz you da BOMB

ManilaYankee
03-12-07, 12:48 AM
In a bar scenario...

"Miss, you owe me a beer."

"Eeeer... Huh?"

"Coz I dropped mine when I saw you walking in... " :D

NYDCYankee
03-13-07, 08:34 AM
I'm not Fred Flinstone but I can make your bedrock.

Evil Empire
03-13-07, 11:53 AM
Okay, so I came over here to ask you to dance, but I'm kind of concerned. I mean, we could hit it off really well, end up having a few drinks, next thing you know you're giving me your number because I'm too shy to ask for it, I finally get up the nerve to call and we take in a movie, have some dinner, I relax, you relax, we go out a few more times, get to know each other's friends, spend a lot of time together, then finally have get past this sexual tension and really develop this intense sex life that is truly incredible, decide our relationship is solid and stable, so we move in together for a while, then a few months later get married, I get a promotion, you get a promotion, we buy a bigger house. You really want kids, but I really want freedom, but we have a kid anyway, only to find that I am resentful, the sparks start to fade and to rekindle them we have two more lovely kids, but now I work too much to keep up with the bills, have no time for you, you're stressed and stop taking really good care of yourself, so to get past our slow sex life and my declining self-confidence I turn to an outside affair for sexual gratification. You find out because I'm careless and a lousy liar, you throw me out (justifiably so) and we have to explain to the kids why mommy and daddy are splitting up. That's just too sad. Think about the children. For God's sake, if you dance with me and we hit it off, let's just keep it sexual, because we both know where it's going.

Hitman23
03-13-07, 11:58 AM
I have the f, the c, and the k. all I need is you.

I had a girl laugh at that so hard it worked.

ShaneTravis
03-13-07, 12:01 PM
It's called Sex Panther.

It's made with real Panther, that's how you know it's good.

SalingerNY
03-13-07, 12:25 PM
A buddy of mine had these phony business cards made up with his name and the slogan "Smile if you want to sleep with me"

Sounds corny but a lot of gals smiled when they saw the card.

yankeesAZ
03-13-07, 10:26 PM
"If you were a booger, I'd pick you first!"

Works everytime!:D

stephsamps
03-13-07, 10:44 PM
I have a feeling that, "Hi, I'm Derek Jeter" might work pretty well ;).

Sam18
03-13-07, 10:45 PM
I have a feeling that, "Hi, I'm Derek Jeter" might work pretty well ;).

Not if you look like Igawa.

stephsamps
03-14-07, 11:53 PM
Not if you look like Igawa.

True... but it would work better than the ones I got this weekend.

Random guy on blackberry: "It really smells like sh!t in here."

Me to random guy #2 "So what do you do?"

Random Guy #2 "I was an olympic gymnast in Romania."

I have to admit, #2 at least got a few moments of chatter, while #1 had to settle for trying to hump my shoe (no I am not kidding).

yankeeschic12324
03-14-07, 11:54 PM
True... but it would work better than the ones I got this weekend.

Random guy on blackberry: "It really smells like sh!t in here."

Me to random guy #2 "So what do you do?"

Random Guy #2 "I was an olympic gymnast in Romania."

I have to admit, #2 at least got a few moments of chatter, while #1 had to settle for trying to hump my shoe (no I am not kidding).
:wtf::thatsodd:

I think random guy #1 was sam...or archer.

CallOfTheCrow
03-15-07, 12:15 AM
"You've read my file, you know what I can do baby."