PDA

View Full Version : Deion Finished

nyy15
05-12-00, 09:56 AM
Friday, May 12, 2000
Deion's comeback may be over

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By John Fay
The Cincinnati Enquirer
Deion Sanders' baseball career may be over.

The Reds announced Thursday that Sanders, who has not played in the major leagues since 1997, was returning to his home in Dallas to continue rehabilitation on his right knee.

Sanders had been on a rehab assignment with Triple A Louisville. He was hitting just .200 with three home runs, seven RBI and 10 stolen bases.

“Where he's at baseball-wise, in my opinion, he cannot help our 25-man roster,” Reds general manager Jim Bowden said. “He has worked diligently, but he's not 100 percent.”

Bowden said Sanders is “95 to 98 percent” healthy.

“But when you're not 100 percent, it affects your hitting,” Bowden said. “You don't have the sound base.”

Sanders played 25 games at Louisville.

“He wasn't making progress,” Bowden said. “We want him to try to get to 100 percent before he resumes baseball activity.”

When will that be?

“We'll let you know when he's ready,” Bowden said.

There is, of course, a time factor with Sanders regarding baseball. He also is an eight-time Pro Bowl football cornerback, late of the Dallas Cowboys and now a free agent. Whatever football team he signs with would probably want him to come to camp at the end of July.

orangemom
05-12-00, 10:23 AM
I may burn in hell for saying this, but, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Man I hate him!

nyy15
05-12-00, 10:26 AM
I hear you oranagemon but I sure would like to see him play for the giants or jets.

Nome
05-12-00, 11:08 AM
I'm with orangemom. His jewelry would weigh him down. What an egotistic jerk.

JimF
05-12-00, 11:28 AM
I don't know; there's something I don't like about these guys who try to do everything. I mean, Bo, Jordan, Garth Brooks; they all look like morons, and they always su_k...

bxny
05-12-00, 03:09 PM
The 'Skins are rumoured to be Deion's next stop. He's considered to be the best cover corner in the NFL, however I've always thought that his reputation preceded him. I've watched many football games where the opposing team would rarely throw to Deion's side of the field, if at all. Even with his recent history of injuries he still supposedly wants a 10 million + signing bonus from the 'Skins, so if nothing else his ego is still intact. Should the 'Skins sign Deion it'll mean less playing time for my favorite 'Skin Darrell Green, who along with Champ Bailey can still get the job done. No thanks Deion, take your show somewhere else.

CalifYanksFan
05-12-00, 05:50 PM
There's word out here in sunny California that the Dodgers may be interested in acquiring Neon Deion. They're looking to dump Todd Hollinsworth. That's what happens when the owner of the company that runs the team lives in the "down under." :P I've also heard that the Washington Redskins are looking at him. I swear he's one of those guys who's like a mangy alleycat. Always lands on his feet.

#1PaFan
05-12-00, 07:20 PM
The guy is a genius when it comes to self-promotion.

Personally, I can't stand the guy either. I hope he just fades away.....

26 in '00

seahorse
05-12-00, 08:45 PM
Sanders Inc.