PDA

View Full Version : Sigh even The Braves Are Scared

will75
06-19-01, 10:21 AM
"Still, Johnson's sky-high solo home run in the bottom of the first inning cleared the scoreboard right-center field and earned him two intentional walks in his next two at-bats, in the third and fifth innings. " -Richmond Braves

Slippery Elm
06-19-01, 08:35 PM
How low will Tino's average have to go before Joe benches him?

.220?? Probably.

Gator
06-19-01, 09:31 PM
It makes no sense to me...how do you stick with a guy who gets on base less than Alfonso Soriano and slugs less than Mike Bordick when you have a very talented player who hits for average, hits for power, gets on base, and was rated the Eastern League's Defensive 1st Baseman of the year in 1999, waiting in the wings. It's puzzling, to say the least.

Elfdood
06-19-01, 09:55 PM
I honestly think the Yankees are on the verge of doing something. Mattingly worked with him and apparently he looked as bad as ever tonight (I missed the game, but I have to say that his line looks awful). They want to trade him, but I can't even imagine anybody taking him off waivers, let alone giving up a player for him. Unless we take both Mike Lansing and Troy O'Leary from the Red Sox, and... no thanks.

The only problem is, they're so desperate to keep him in the lineup for <b>some</b> reason (at least they have the "we need a leadoff hitter" thing with Chuck, which isn't true but it's at least a reason), that if he goes 1-4 with a single, it'll probably buy him another week of 0-fers.